What other software supports Abobe plugins?

Started May 7, 2013 | Questions thread
Toermalijn
Forum ProPosts: 12,742Gear list
Like?
Re: What other software supports Abobe plugins?
In reply to Alpha Doug, May 11, 2013

Alpha Doug wrote:

OnOne software offers the Perfect Layer plugin that works with Lightroom & Aperture allowing your to do a lot of what you would do in Photoshop with layers, and composites.  I have never liked the HDR part of Photoshop, preferring to either us nik HDR Efex Pro 2 or Photomatix.  And I also have never liked the Panorama stitching in Photoshop, preferring to use ArcSoft's PanoramaMaker Pro.  And the SnapHeal program from MacPhun allows you to do content aware healing.  On the Mac, PixelMator is a very good approximation of Photoshop.

You know though, actually, if you just use Photoshop, the monthly fee is $20.  And you don't have to wait for two years to get three of four new features.  They just show up.  Heck, I pay Netflix $20 every month so I can get DVDs or stream movies.  I'm thinking it's not such a bad deal.  If you use the entire Suite, the $49 is actually kind of a deal relative to the initial price and the upgrade pricing.  My major beef with Adobe is that they really haven't done much for photographers in Photoshop for a long time (most of their photo effort goes to Lightroom - which isn't a bad thing), and that their software is at times buggy and intrusive.  Unlike other programs that politely install themselves in just one location or so, Adobe software sprays files all over your hard drive.  It's almost impossible to totally un-install them.  So if I could work out a practical and efficient way to not ever use Adobe, I would do so.

-- hide signature --

Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-}
www.dougwigton.com/

The problem is, once you're in they don't have to keep their word and can do as they please.

No guarantee they will put out upgrades that regular. They don't even fix major bugs in cs6 to make sure you upgrade to cs7(CC7)... They invent all kind of things to make sure you will part with your hard earned cash.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow