Fotodiox softbox junk or not?

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mahmoud Mousef
Senior MemberPosts: 2,114
Like?
Fotodiox 24x24 impressions
In reply to Mahmoud Mousef, May 11, 2013

I bought the Fotodiox 24 inch x 24 inch. Overall impression: decent.

A real pain to set up and tear down (so in a sense I can understand the frustrated Amazon reviews; flexing of rods was quite the chore), but the speedring is definitely metal and the quality is there. Amazon reviewers can be a crazy bunch sometimes (or at least using some other model I am not).

Next purchase will be something easier to assemble for sure. I have been looking at some Chinese vendors on Alibaba, and I think I have found some that might be worth a shot in this deparmtment but I haven't bought them yet.

Aside from that, The Fotodiox 24x24 does what it needs to do and appears to be reasonably well built. I have no issues with the build of the speedring. Instructions were pretty good too, but they really don't communicate how much you have to flex those rods to make them fit in those pockets. Pockets could be designed a bit better too; more visually/physically distinctive but not a big issue.

PS. Thanks for the additonal comments regarding grids, etc.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow