ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Radu Tenenbaum
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849Gear list
Like?
D700: once was lost but now is found
11 months ago

Amazing Grace!

About two years ago I lost my D700 with the 24-70 f/2.8 mounted on it.  I searched for it everywhere, even came up with this theory about how I had inadvertently left it in a trash container, and eventually accepted the fact that it was gone and that I would have to get by with only my D300.

So, this evening I'm watching the NHL playoffs and my wife walks in carrying a camera, wanting to know what it was doing in the dirty rags closet.  My initial response was, what's the D300 doing with the rags, but the D300 was sitting right next to me.  Imagine my jubilation when I realized that the D700 was back.  No idea how it got in with the dirty rags.

However, it does not power up.  Realizing that the battery was fully discharged, I put in the partially charged D300 battery and turned the D700 on.  Nothing happens.  The top LCD is blank.  I put the D700's battery in the  charger - the LED flashed a couple of times and then went dark - it should continue flashing during charging.

Tried a fully charged, but no joy.

The good news is that the 24-70 works fine on the D300.

Any suggestions?

Any way to do a hard reset?

My joy is tempered

-- hide signature --

Radu
www.raduray.com

Radu Tenenbaum's gear list:Radu Tenenbaum's gear list
Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +17 more
Nikon D300 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow