Started May 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TheDoctorWhat
Regular MemberPosts: 158
Like?
BAD Adobe.. BAD Adobe
May 11, 2013

I know their must be lots of talk, but I need to vent.

Just spoke to Adobe about Photoshop. I have CS-5 extended and I want to upgrade to CS 6. They give me this subscription nonsense that its only $10/month for 12 months only. The Upgrade is $400.

Here is the kicker.

You are committed to the 12 months.

You can cancel after 30 days, but that is what the trial periods were for free

After 12 months no way to know if they will raise their prices for the subscription.

HERE is the BAD ADOBE part

You pay for a subscription for a year, two years, three years or more. The day you stop that subscription Photoshop is DEAD. No access to the program what so ever. Money down the drain big time.

If I understood this is the way its going.

The CS 6 upgrade is only electronic, no disk if I understand.

If I understand if you pay full price for the CS upgrade (for my situation), I can still get a subscription and supposedly if I cancel the subscription I still have the program.

My personal conclusion is that its better to own the program then do this subscription. The girl I talked to compared it to a cell phone contract, BS.

Just wait till their system gets hacked and all the CC information they keep on file for this subscription causes havoc.

Image if you had to pay a subscription to use public bathrooms, if you miss a payment, your going on the pavement....

I'm not seeing the logic in this. PLease tell me I'm crazy or something, but it seems like a here's the software in one hand and Adobe has their hand on you pocket with the other.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow