6D vs 7D --- Image Quality (there's no comparison)

Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Senior MemberPosts: 9,959Gear list
Like?
Re: 6D vs 7D --- Image Quality (there's no comparison)
In reply to lovestoteach, May 11, 2013

lovestoteach wrote:

Last year I sold my 5d mark 2 and got the mark 3. There was quite a learning curve due to the updated features but I'm now getting great photos with this camera. I wanted to get a second body and was deciding between the 7d and 6d. I tried the 7d and found images to be noisy.  After returning the 7d I purchased the 6d. I couldn't be happier. The camera is a pleasure to use. Photos are sharp and the colors are great. It is easier to use than the 5d Mark 3 although the pictures taken with both cameras are excellent. I do have to do more cropping but that's not an issue.  I couldn't be happier-love both cameras.  Paula

My last trip to the zoo show 5D3 (lots more photos to be processed) can effectively overcome "reach" or pixel density disadvantage when compared to my previous trips with 60D.  Granted 60D still has advantage in small birds that otherwise I have to crop my 5D3 photos heavily. but for most medium to large sizes animals 5D3 handles very well.  Better in shadows and highlight, cleaner and sharper especially when view in large size.

5D3 and 6D backup each other very well.  Eventually I'd get a used 1DX and sell 5D3 and 1D3 but get 6D II maybe two years later  1DX for actions while 6D II for regular usage and guess by then 6D II will have 19 all-cross-pt and 14-stop DR (hope so), LOL.

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow