Like?
Re: Pixma Pro 100 prints are too dark
In reply to penns, May 10, 2013

penns wrote:

Hugowolf wrote:

penns wrote:

Hugowolf wrote:

penns wrote:

I would rather leave the color management on auto and not have to mess with this.  On auto, I just print it from here.  With manual, I click ok and then print.  What else do you need to know?  I haven't changed another settings that I know of.

Since Auto seems to be causing problems, I would suggest trying to get the printer to use the correct paper/printer profile.

In the Main tab of the printer properties dialog:
Select the media type for the Canon paper you are using.
Select a print quality of high or standard
Under color/intensity, choose Manual
Then press the Set button

There are two tabs in this dialog, everything in the Color Adjustment tab should be set to zero or normal.

On the Matching tab:
From the Color Correction dropdown, choose ICM
For the Input Profile, choose Standard
For the Printer Profile, choose the one that matches your Canon paper
For the Rendering Intent, choose Relative Colorimetric

OK out of everything until you get back to where you have a print button. You should now be ready to print.

Brian A

Ok tried that.  Still purple.

The bottles look quite purple on my calibrated monitor. How about the Tree shot sky?

Brian A

I'm not sure which tree shot?  Are you getting me confused with someone else?  I have been working with these bottles and a shot of some rooftops in Venice.

By the way your bottles also look purplish on my Hardware calibrated monitor as well.

Have you considered that you monitor may be displaying you image incorrectly? So when the printer prints it the way it actually is, it looks off?

Have you tried printing a standard image file without editing it. These files are intended to bypass the monitor's calibration. The image file will have a composite of different images and a black to white ramp as well as RGB and CMY patches which will be very easy to visually determine if the printer is printing correctly. If one of these images prints perfectly but does not look correct on your monitor, them you will know that it's you monitor that needs calibration.

Here is a particularly good one that I use.

Print it using only standard settings. Do not use any slider adjustments. Neutralize everything. Just use the settings you were given a few posts ago. Then look at it in Daylight. Look for the color on the black to white ramp where it should be neutral. The photos should appear "Right" not too light not too dark and the colors should appear natural with no shift in either direction.

Unless you printer is not printing correctly, this print should be excellent.

Joe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow