Started May 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
lemon_juice
Contributing MemberPosts: 755
Like?
Re: 'Emotional' my $%^&
In reply to digital ed, May 10, 2013

digital ed wrote:

lemon_juice wrote:

You can't expect anyone to avoid being emotional because a preference naturally triggers an emotional response. There's no such thing as an objectve assessment of Windows 8. Therefore, emotional responses are really what matter and what affect the sales of the OS.

-- hide signature --

Michal.

I cannot accept your statement that there is no thing as an objective assessment of Windows 8. This leaves out the adults on this forum. Emotional responses are from those lacking mature judgement. Clear, concise and accurate statements will always win the debate in the end. Arm waving is for children and politicians.

Do you also believe that TV presents objective facts just because an objective camera recorded an event? If you say yes then I can understand where you are coming from. Objective assessment is something that we would all like to exist but unfortunately the reality is different because everyone is different. If you say that objective assessment of anything is possible you must be also saying that everyone is the same, which of course is far from the truth. And who sets the standards of what should be evaluated in an OS, how each feature is supposed to work, what UI is the best? Get several groups of adult, educated people to assess as scientifically as possible an OS, each group coming from a different country and you will get different reviews. Are you trying to tell us there is only one truth?

And like it or not, emotions are part of our lives and it has nothing to do with being mature or not. Even your assessments are at least partly emotional even if you are not aware of it - unless you are a robot, not a human.

-- hide signature --

Michal.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow