Started May 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Wildbegonia
Regular MemberPosts: 434Gear list
Like?
Re: Capture date rule...
In reply to merops, May 10, 2013

merops wrote:

MrScorpio wrote:

Can I pls have your views on the capture date rule?

Myself I find it very interesting to get into the challenge by analyzing the theme. Try to build up mentally7intellectually what kind of pic I want to create and then grab my camera to go out and do so in fair competition with the other participants.

I find it not as fun just posting some old picture that happens to fit the challenge theme.

Usually these Capture date rule challenges are very rare.

What do you guys think?

-- hide signature --

I find I don't have time to go and take photos for a challenge because I've been suckered into working something out for someone who could have done it themselves ...

Seriously, I can't see me entering a challenge with a capture date rule, because I take photos mainly when on holiday etc. Also the kind of subjects that I'm interested in (natural history) are not always available within a reasonable radius of home.

I appreciate that others like capture date rules, and I think it's good that there's room for both sorts of challenges within the current framework.

Me, I'd ban entering the same photo in several challenges (particularly within a short space of time)

Like and agree.

-- hide signature --

"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow