Started May 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dark goob
Contributing MemberPosts: 951Gear list
Like?
EP5 makes no sense
May 10, 2013

EP5 makes no sense. Body is the same price as OMD body. Hello, this is dumb. You give up the weather sealing and OVF, and lose the option of HLD-6, yet pay the same? What?

Do they really think people are going to feel the same degree of nostalgia towards owning a classic rendition of the PEN F like they did for the OM? Quick survey: before the digital PENs came out did you even know what a PEN was? What percentage of people ever heard of "PEN F" let alone have seen it in person? And of those, who thought it was a cool-looking camera, even for its day?

This line-up makes no sense, EP5 should be $799 tops WITH the 14-42. Prove me wrong but EP3 was barely selling even with the rebate that made it $675 -- they're just too big. They need to just focus on E-PL5/E-PM2 and OM-D. Just like Nikon has D3200, D5200, D7100.

And why, WHY are they making yet another non-weather-sealed version of multiple different lenses? Please what's the point of the OM-D if all you can use is the kit lens and a macro in the rain? Why not the primes eh, Nikon's are sealed. What gives?

Don't get me wrong, I love Olympus, but sometimes I am just left scratching my head. I mean the EP5 looks awesome but it's priced wrong and I just don't get what they are trying to do here. Maybe someone can set me straight!!

dark goob's gear list:dark goob's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Nikon D3200 Nikon D5200 Nikon D7100 Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus PEN E-PL5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
E-P5New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow