Started May 10, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hiro_pro
Regular MemberPosts: 255Gear list
Like?
real world focusing: D600 vs D7100
May 10, 2013

I currently have a d7000 and it is a good camera. the main problem i am having with it is focus accuracy.  i find that indoors and in low light situations i start to get a lot of focus misses.  i have seen the camera miss the person 20 feet away and focus perfectly on the wall 10 feet behind them.  this is especially true at longer ranges and when shooting between f1.4 and 2.8.  i generally use the center focus at its tightest setting.  i press the shutter half way down to focus, recompose and shoot.  this works most of the time but not enough.  i have learned a bunch of tricks that help like aim at a high contrast point on the person (i.e. the line between a white shirt and black jacket) instead of the eyes but i am getting to the point where i would rather have a camera that works better.

so now i am thinking about the d600 or he d7100.  we have all read that the d7100 has a better focus system or at least on paper.  i am wondering if anyone has any real world experience focusing the two cameras particularly on moving subjects and can give me a recommendation.

-- hide signature --

d7000

tamron 17-50 2.8, sigma 70-200 2.8

sigma 30 1.4, nikon 50 1.4 & 85 1.8

hiro_pro's gear list:hiro_pro's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +4 more
ANSWER:
Nikon D600 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow