Zeiss Touit or Fuji X decision

Started May 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
jcharding
Senior MemberPosts: 1,986Gear list
Like?
Re: Zeiss Touit or Fuji X decision
In reply to dark13star, May 10, 2013

Setting aside issues like focus peaking (which I think will ultimately end up with all systems) and video (a clear NEX advantage), I think your "choice" (preference.... ? whatever...) is simply going to come down you enjoy the respective shooting styles.  A very new school body or a very old school body.  Do the Fuji "quirks" (if they (a) still exist and (b) matter to you) irritate you as they did so many others.  Are the Fuji RAW issues such that they matter to your photography.

Personally, I think that last issue is where we start to cross over into DPReview over-analyzing.  Ultimately, the only things that really matter are do you enjoy the shooting experience and do you like the images.  A significant block of people swear by the Fuji in those instances.  Those same people also prefer the Fuji lenses over what they have seen thus far out of the X Mount versions of the Zeiss lenses, but at this point its really hard to compare the two pieces of glass.

-- hide signature --
 jcharding's gear list:jcharding's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN E-P3 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow