Started May 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Drogba88
Forum MemberPosts: 75Gear list
Like?
Blown away
May 10, 2013

I have been an active photographer for the last 25 years or so and have always used a Canon SLR. Sadly my film camera, like I am sure many others, sits in the drawer neglected.  I have two digital SLRs and eight lenses.  However, I thought it was time to have something lighter and more portable so I looked around for a P&S.   Being used to Canon, I thought I would stay with them, and I bought an SX160IS which I found on sale at my local office shop.   Judging from the postings on this forum I must be the only guy with this model; the SX50 and SX280 appear to be the most popular.   However, I must say I have been amazed at the quality of the images which the SX160 produces, and from what I have seen of images on the forum here, they are all of similar quality.  I am more than pleased with my purchase.  The only negative is that, being much smaller, my fingers often get in the way of the many buttons near the screen, but this is a small point.  If anyone has the same model I would be interested in getting their tips and comments!

-- hide signature --

Giraffe

Drogba88's gear list:Drogba88's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX160 IS Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow