Zeiss Touit or Fuji X decision

Started May 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
dark13star
Contributing MemberPosts: 972Gear list
Like?
Re: Zeiss Touit or Fuji X decision
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, May 10, 2013

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but I looked at these comparison pictures between Touit 32 and Fuji 35, and saw better corners in the former at wider apertures. I attributed that to potential lack of DOF due to slightly longer FL (although, 3mm is fairly negligible but when pixel peeping, it can matter).

I just want to be clear. I'm not making any decision based on those images. It would be foolish. I've just decided that this is the time to do my test before I sink another $2,200 into Nex lenses.

The nice thing is that those lenses are for both platforms.

As for corners, I'm not a corner peeper. I look for color rendition and micro-contrast and don't worry as much about the corners. Zeiss has often neglected corner sharpness in favor of these things in the past (to my eye) and I like that. Some are saying that they've gone the Canon-Nikon way with these lenses and neglected color and contrast for sharp corners. Frankly, I think it is too soon to know.

Thanks
Rich

dark13star's gear list:dark13star's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow