Apple's golden opportunity re Aperture: the possibility of Lightroom in the cloud

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
DogShot
Regular MemberPosts: 446
Like?
Re: Apple's golden opportunity re Aperture: the possibility of Lightroom in the cloud
In reply to richiebee, 11 months ago

There's also the issue of implementing that subscription.  I have zero patience for devoting time to periodically re-establishing your ability to use a piece of software.  There is a statistics package for the social sciences called SPSS, which was purchased several years ago by IBM.  IBM immediately changed the fee structure to 6-month licensing, which was a huge pain.  After my first negative experience wasting a few hours getting re-licensed just so I could continue using the software, I abandoned it for a free software environment for statistics (R), and never looked back.  Unless Adobe makes the subscription process transparent to the user, I suspect they will lose a bunch of people who are even willing to put up with the monthly subscription idea.

Mark

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow