Started May 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,075Gear list
Like?
Re: Zeiss Touit or Fuji X decision
In reply to dark13star, May 10, 2013

dark13star wrote:

Henry,

Thanks for your feedback. I've enjoyed a lot of your advice since I started participating in this forum.

I've definitely considered the Nex-6 as an additional body too. I have a 7 and an original 5.

All technical specs aside, I'm just really intrigued with some of the results I see from the Fujis and that is why I am biting the bullet and giving it a try.

I do all my own fine art printing (I send out snapshots) on an Epson R2400. I print matte, and frame and even build some of my own frames. I started in the darkroom years ago. Anyway, my largest prints are 13x19, so 16mp is enough. I've really enjoyed the ability to crop out of Nex-7 photos though.

I am a Raw shooter with a dedicated workflow, so that is going to be a key part of my evaluation. I read so much on both sides and I guess I'm a find-out-for-myself kind of guy

The camera will be here tomorrow, so I think I'm committed to the evaluation now It doesn't mean I won't get the Nex-7 replacement, but I don't wait for camera bodies either. It will also be interesting to see the replacement to the X-Pro1. There is always something better on the horizon.

Again, I appreciate your feedback.

Rich

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but I looked at these comparison pictures between Touit 32 and Fuji 35, and saw better corners in the former at wider apertures. I attributed that to potential lack of DOF due to slightly longer FL (although, 3mm is fairly negligible but when pixel peeping, it can matter).

PS. It looks like ePhotozine review agrees with regards to corners on Fuji 35/1.4

The sharpness level should be helped with a lack of AA, and that appears to be reflected in the middle. However, the corner sharpness doesn't reach their idea of "good" level until f/5.6.

I will be surprised if Touit didn't beat that (will be interesting to see it tested on Pro-1 for proper comparison). In fact, ePhotozine reviewed corner performance out of Sony 35/1.8 to be better wide open than the Fuji 35/1.4 at f/5.6.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow