Zeiss Touit or Fuji X decision

Started May 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
dark13star
Senior MemberPosts: 1,027Gear list
Like?
Re: Zeiss Touit or Fuji X decision
In reply to blue_skies, May 10, 2013

Henry,

Thanks for your feedback. I've enjoyed a lot of your advice since I started participating in this forum.

I've definitely considered the Nex-6 as an additional body too. I have a 7 and an original 5.

All technical specs aside, I'm just really intrigued with some of the results I see from the Fujis and that is why I am biting the bullet and giving it a try.

I do all my own fine art printing (I send out snapshots) on an Epson R2400. I print matte, and frame and even build some of my own frames. I started in the darkroom years ago. Anyway, my largest prints are 13x19, so 16mp is enough. I've really enjoyed the ability to crop out of Nex-7 photos though.

I am a Raw shooter with a dedicated workflow, so that is going to be a key part of my evaluation. I read so much on both sides and I guess I'm a find-out-for-myself kind of guy

The camera will be here tomorrow, so I think I'm committed to the evaluation now It doesn't mean I won't get the Nex-7 replacement, but I don't wait for camera bodies either. It will also be interesting to see the replacement to the X-Pro1. There is always something better on the horizon.

Again, I appreciate your feedback.

Rich

dark13star's gear list:dark13star's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow