Interesting Question: What would you use instead of Adobe CC?

Started May 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alpha Doug
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,151Gear list
Like?
Interesting Question: What would you use instead of Adobe CC?
May 10, 2013

So, everyone is all worked up about "renting" software through Adobe.  So I thought it would be worth exploring the options.  For now, let's just assume we're only talking about a single product subscription to Photoshop and not the complete Creative Suite.  So what other programs are there out there that some have used to do pretty much what they do with Photoshop, and how good are they as substitutes?

I work on a Mac, so I routinely use Aperture instead of Lightroom, and I use plugins from Topaz, OnOne, Imagenomics, and Nik to do a lot of what I used to use Photoshop for.  I have experimented with Pixelmator (Mac Only) and Acorn for things that require layering or compositing (although OnOne's Perfect Layer plugin does a pretty good job).  I have never used Photoshop's HDR or Panorama tools, preferring to use Arcsoft's PanoramaMaker Pro, and either Nik HDR Efex Pro 2 or Photomatix.

What have you used, and what would you use if you stopped using Adobe tomorrow?

-- hide signature --

Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-}
www.dougwigton.com/

Alpha Doug's gear list:Alpha Doug's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow