Apple's golden opportunity re Aperture: the possibility of Lightroom in the cloud

Started May 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alpha Doug
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,151Gear list
Like?
Re: Apple's golden opportunity re Aperture: the possibility of Lightroom in the cloud
In reply to TeleView, May 10, 2013

What a lot of people don't understand yet is that in the CC rental model, you still download the physical software to your computer and run it from there.  You only have to log onto the web once in a while (monthly) so they can check your install against their "paid" log.  They say they are doing this to avoid piracy.  But I'd bet a lot that someone will figure out a crack for the downloaded software.  Personally, since I only use Photoshop, and none of the other CS components, I would only use the single product rental.  My issue would be that at the current rental rate, I would be paying quite a bit more than the current upgrade to a purchased version of CS.  And there is no telling at what point they would start charging more.  And where that would leave me with no ownership of the product.  Photoshop is not a magazine, it is a tool.  Would you "rent" a screwdriver from a hardware store?  Basically only use Photoshop as a pixel editor, and I only use it occasionally.  I don't make a living from it.  So I'm thinking that there are other pixel editors that will probably suffice, added to a smattering of plugins.  I'm also thinking that Adobe has backed it's way into a corner.

-- hide signature --

Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-}
www.dougwigton.com/

Alpha Doug's gear list:Alpha Doug's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow