6D vs 7D --- Image Quality (there's no comparison)

Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Forum ProPosts: 10,350Gear list
Like?
Re: Not orriginals
In reply to Mako2011, May 10, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Here are 100% cropped from above. It's pretty good from perspective of the circumstance under noon harsh light that I recovered highlight and lift shadow quite a bit.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3MrYp_nWjPGRDE3RFZYQmxxZTg/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3MrYp_nWjPGdTVGWUZvWGxfWlk/edit?usp=sharing

As I pointed out, I was hoping to examine the originals, not the crops, so as to better understand some of the loss of detail and lack of resolution in these crops. I see you misunderstood. Thanks for the time though. That's appreciated.

They are not cropped but 100% cropped on original RAWs.

...not cropped but 100% cropped...  Strange way of saying you don't have the originals. That's OK. Just trying to understand some of the softness.  Thanks again.

What I mean they are not reduced-size cropped. 100% cropped in DPR forums mean on original sizes but may crop out edges a bit but not on reduced size.

As I said it's pretty good under such harsh and contrast noon light condition, that I need to lift shadow and recover highlight quite a bit. They are full size from a good but not stellar lens. Check your squirrel photo, sure it's big from 24mp but nobody can see what that little guy was eating and furs are pretty blurry

Make sure you view photos after them are fully rendered (sometime need to shrink, then enlarge a few times) or better downloading and view them.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow