6D vs 7D --- Image Quality (there's no comparison)

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Senior MemberPosts: 8,303Gear list
Like?
Re: Not originals
In reply to Mako2011, 11 months ago

Mako2011 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Here are 100% cropped from above. It's pretty good from perspective of the circumstance under noon harsh light that I recovered highlight and lift shadow quite a bit.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3MrYp_nWjPGRDE3RFZYQmxxZTg/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3MrYp_nWjPGdTVGWUZvWGxfWlk/edit?usp=sharing

As I pointed out, I was hoping to examine the originals, not the crops, so as to better understand some of the loss of detail and lack of resolution in these crops. I see you misunderstood. Thanks for the time though. That's appreciated.

They are not cropped but 100% cropped on original RAWs. Sure any cameras will lose resolution and details thru a lens no matter how good of it, more or less. DXOMark doesn't test this lens yet but sure it will not be in the category of 70-200L II and 300L/2.8 IS or other longer super-tele lenses. So as long as I can frame most parts of subjects without heavy cropping, FF 5D3 wins over APS-C, Canon or Nikon alike, hands down as it will leverage inferior lenses much more effectively than crop cameras (that require much better lenes to narrow the gap), no mention 22mp from 5D3 is about the same as 24mp from Nikon APS-C and more than 18mp Canon APS-C cameras.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow