D600 oil design problem - latest serial # - is it fixed ?

Started May 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nikonfan99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,411Gear list
Like?
Re: No, it's not 'fixed' STEVE....
In reply to 1w12q312qw1, May 10, 2013

Good luck with getting an answer. I had never heard of steve and all of a sudden he showed up in the FX forum. He said he had been shooting with his d7000 and was contemplating a d600 and got one. After that he became the self appointed naysayer. Saying he has "no d600 issues".  When challenged he responded by saying he had not used the d600 that much and he shoots landscapes and (forgive me if I dont have the exact quote) usually shoots a lower number of shots. This was after I challenged how this issue will not always show up for a while 2,000+ shutter count. He had no real response to that. Just kept saying 0 dust. which is as true as we never landed on the moon and followed that up with no proof. Just kept saying he has no issues and never helped with any real long term solution and even after nikons own admittance, the "i have no issues" games and "just send it in" continued. Here we are with people still having the issue and he has some grand wisdom and insider information to which he cant prove or share yet he can make blanket statements like 0 dealers lie about this issue or that he knows things we dont. He was quick to throw aound how long he has been a member and how many posts he has 18,000+ to which I asked what that has anything to do with? guess what? no response. So please enlighten us simple souls with this amazing insider information that thou has and make it good. Keep in mind both my 2012 serial number  and week or two old serial number 307 have the exact same issue on the left side of images. Not that I am returning the cameras or selling them. I am wet cleaning them but lets not pretend the situation is something it is not. Shutter replacements have not been a 100% fix and his GAP he refers too was first noted by lenserentals and as a possible source. Well my new camera has a Gap too? I guess nikon just forgot to remove it on my week old high serial number body from a brand new sequential batch. Lets start with that name at nikon first.

Nikonfan99's gear list:Nikonfan99's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow