ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ajendus
Regular MemberPosts: 102Gear list
Like?
Medium format vs. full frame
May 10, 2013

Hi all!

I didn't know where to put this discussion but the Pro Digital section seems fitting.

I just finished reading the article/interview with Stephan Schulz of Leica. He was asked the question how cameras like the Nikon D800 (36mp) compare to the Leica S2 (37mp). His response in essence was that medium format has different characteristics than full frame (which I personally think is a bit of a misnomer but that is a different discussion).

Last time I shot medium format was when I was 10, with my dad, as he used his film Hasselblad and I was just interested in pushing the button!

I'm curious, what, aside from depth of fiend, specifically are the characteristic differences of medium format that Schulz refers to? And if anyone is in Chicago with an S2, I'd love to shadow you during a shoot or go on a photo field trip with you and learn more about the S2! 

-- hide signature --

-A

ajendus's gear list:ajendus's gear list
Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +4 more
Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-S2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow