Started May 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TeleView
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
Printing from Aperture - Print Settings / Paper issue
May 10, 2013

I have a perhaps slight issue when printing from Aperture.

I have a calibrated monitor, and I have calibrated paper using an X-Rite ColorMunki.

This produces a file - ICC - which Aperture sees, selected under "Rendering" / "Color Profile" where there is a list of ICCs including the ones generated and named by myself using the ColorMunki.

However, when I print - which is selected by: "File" / "Priint Image"

then ... a new window environment engages, where there are various selections.

Under "Color Profile", the ICC profile generated by ColorMunki is selectable - which I do of course.

Also, there are two rendering options - "Relative Colorimetric" or "Perceptual", and also below these, a check box for Black Point. I have been using Relative Colorimetric, because it is a lighter image.

The next step is to actually print, and I push the print button lower right, and another final window comes up, which I presume is controlled by the printer's driver.

The printer is an Epson 3880, and my issue is that the output is slightly darker than my screen preview. However, the colours are spot on - quite perfect actually.

But ... the output is a touch darker.

I am concerned that when I select "Print Setting", the "Media" options are very few indeed.

For example, for "Media" / "Photo", they are Premium Luster, Premium Gloss or Premium Semi Gloss.

"Media" / "Photo" Plain paper cannot be selected, and neither can Fine Art papers.

(Of course I have turned off Colorsync as is evidenced by my Colorsync options not being selectable.)

Is the lack of paper selections why my output is a touch darker than what I expect?

Advise would be appreciated ...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow