Started Jan 18, 2013 | Questions thread
penns
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
Re: Pixma Pro 100 prints are too dark
In reply to penns, May 10, 2013

penns wrote:

klavrack wrote:

Just an update--my new-in-box i960 is doing great.  Just finished 1st tank of BCI-6 Photo Magenta.  I replaced it with a CLI-8PM tank--still spot-on color and I get a fairly economical option with better fade resistance.  Shame on Canon for phasing such printers out, IMO.  Last time I looked, a new-in-box i9900 was listed on Ebay for $1500.  Still, lots of happy PRO-100 owners out there.  Any word on yours?

Canon had me send mine in and they tried it and said it was printing fine.  Then they lost it.  Sent me a brand new printer.  Still having the same problem.  I went through half a pack of 4x6s trying to adjust it how they told me to.  Still can't get the bright blue from the original (hp) printer.  I did talk to Robert at one point and he seemed helpful.  I called yesterday to talk to Robert but the guy that answered the phone (Jason) checked with someone and then came back and said my printer was fine.  He sounded like he was getting sick of me calling.  Robert had said that when he tried printing my pic it came out like the one from the hp.  (I had emailed a pic of the two laying next to each other.)  I am willing to admit that there may be a software conflict on my end, but I have no idea how to resolve it.  It has been neatly 3 months.  I can't send it back, but I bought it with a premium card that has some buyer protection.  I may have to call them.

No it's not a software conflict--what was I thinking?  My daughter installed Canon's software on her MacBook and it did the same thing.  I had the pic in question printed at CVS and it came out wrong but in the opposite direction.  The sky was an unrealistic bright teal color.  Where can I get the pic printed so I can really see what it is supposed to be?  Remember this pic was taken straight off the camera--no editing of the original file.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow