Lightroom 5 Beta and Snow Leopard

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
noirdesir
Forum ProPosts: 10,558
Like?
Re: I ran into the same issue, however
In reply to CameraCarl, 11 months ago

CameraCarl wrote:

It isn't the cost, obviously, is it?  I'm used to Snow Leopard.  It runs fine on my old machine. All my current software and peripherals and drivers are happy with it. So why would I want to upgrade and have to learn my way around a new operating system just to get "features" (sic) that are meaningless to me?

There aren't no new features you have to learn, there are just two things you have to get used to: document versioning (but even that you can completely ignore, it is just there in the background but if you don't use it you don't have to think about it) and Notification center (but you can completely remove that as well).

The rest are just some small changes, most of which you will never even notice. The most prominent of which is probably Expose (now called Mission Control) which groups windows now by application when using the all-windows view and the new default layout in Mail.app which you can restore to its Snow Leopard layout by selecting 'Use Classic Layout' in Mail's preferences under 'Viewing'.

Some of us don't need/want the latest and greatest that Apple offers (forces).

If your local store rearranges how it presents the products it sells, you'll get used to that pretty quickly as well. The real point here is that if scroll bars look a bit different now and there are additional optional features (that you never even need to know about), is that really anything to worry about?

That is why my cameras are all at least one generation old

I find switching even from a Nikon D3 to a D800 more complicated than switching from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow