Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Inkjet printer any good?

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shadowfixer
Regular MemberPosts: 444Gear list
Like?
Re: Just got mine yesterday
In reply to Travis, May 10, 2013

I received mine last weekend and printed out 11 x14's using the "Let Printer Manage Colors" option. Very good prints with nice sharp detail. My primary printer has been the HP 130. I use it for color and I use an old Epson 2200 for my B&W work. The Pro 100 has me loving it so far. I was disappointed in my first B&W print with it because it printed a little too warm for my taste. I had selected neutral tone but I thought it was too warm. I have found where all this is highly adjustable in the printer software and look forward to trying that portion out. I think with my personal mix of tones in the software, it will produce very good B&W prints. I have to say it's one heck of a deal at the current price. They will rob us blind on ink but so do the others. I will hand it to HP on the 130. That thing sips ink. It's the Toyota Prius of printers. Hope everyone enjoys their new printer as much as I have enjoyed mine in the first week.

Shadowfixer's gear list:Shadowfixer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Nikon D200 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow