Apple's golden opportunity re Aperture: the possibility of Lightroom in the cloud

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Alpha Doug
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,011Gear list
Like?
Re: Apple's golden opportunity re Aperture: the possibility of Lightroom in the cloud
In reply to noirdesir, 11 months ago

At least relative to Lightroom, I think the whole aversion to the "Cloud" is sort of misplaced at this point.  However, I do think that it does provide opportunities for other software developers.  From a photographer's point of view, I just do photography and a little bit of video (that doesn't need Photoshop).  Now that we have non-destructive RAW editing programs I really only use Photoshop for something like layering, or composites, which is about 10% of my total workflow or less.  It is possible that a program like Pixelmator or Acorn would suffice, for a WHOLE lot less money.  And actually, a lot of what I used to use Photoshop for is more easily accomplished with various plugins.  Soooo.... relative to Aperture, what I have been thinking for a while is that Adobe just doesn't ever get how Interface's are designed.  Nor do they have a clue about database driven organization.  Aperture has about the best database driven library functions of any program available.  What if that database was used as a sort of central kernel and both Aperture and Final Cut Pro were linked into it, in the same way that the Creative Suite is linked through Bridge.  Now THAT would be a very powerful and productive design.  Apple might even think about designing, buying, or licensing a pixel editing app that would also be connected.  But the guts of the whole thing would be the Library functions.

-- hide signature --

Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-}
www.dougwigton.com/

Alpha Doug's gear list:Alpha Doug's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony SLT-A77 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow