Digitalshooter2
Regular MemberPosts: 465
Like?
Re: 5D Mark II and 5D Mark III questions
In reply to tim1970, May 9, 2013

tim1970 wrote:

Digitalshooter2 wrote:

SleebusJones wrote:

You can get a refurb direct from Canon for $2799.  Use canon loyalty program and the price goes to $2380.  Most refurbs are from damaged boxes or store demos.  Mine arrived with ~490 shutter activations and looks pristine.  You'd be challenged to say it wasn't brand new.  Only drawback is 90 day warranty, but if you're saving a grand, that can cover quite a bit of repair that you most likely will never need.

And yes, the AF on the MK III is nothing short of awesome.

The price in the "Canon Loyalty" program looks very good.  How it works and what I need to do get it?  The one in Loyalty programs are refurb too?

-- hide signature --

2ShootDigital

Canon Loyalty program is great.  You have to call them.  It is not available online.  The number to reach them is 1 (866) 443-8002.  They are open until Midnight Eastern 7 days a week.

Basically the way it works is you have to trade in another Canon camera for a refurbished Camera.  You can trade in anything that Canon has ever made. (Digital,Film,P&S,etc..)  By trading it in you get 20% of their normal refurbished prices.

The only stipulation that I know of is that the camera you trade in must be in need of repair.  (They will ask you this).  If you are worried about being truthfull to them, just drop the old camera in a glass of salt water before you call them

I traded in a old P & S I got off of Craigslist for $10.

You can also buy 1 lens at a 20% discount at the same time you are buying the camera.  But you must buy a camera, you may not just buy the lens for a discount.

I just bought a 5D Mark III and a 24-105L.  After Taxes and Shipping my total came to $3182. (But I have heard that the 5D price has gone up slightly.)

Thank you for the detailed.  Do they just sell refurbished items in the loyalty program or new ones too?

-- hide signature --

2ShootDigital

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow