Started Jan 27, 2013 | Questions thread
seachicken2000
Senior MemberPosts: 2,676Gear list
Like?
Re: Time lapse with SONY NEX7?
In reply to TrippleScar, May 9, 2013

TrippleScar wrote:

Thanks guys.

But i have now stumbled upon a brilliant idea. I am going to put my electronics engineering background to some good use.

The gentLED-AUTO seems quite simple to make actually. Al I will have to figure out is the IR frequency/signal that is transmitted from the gentLED-AUTO to make the NEX7 trigger. It wont be too difficult. 
Gentles Limited are just a little vague in the write up on the link posted, not stating the exact intervals, but I can think of some ways to make the intervals adjustable.

Regards

Hi, if you want go go this route you might consider doing it with an Ardiuno. There's a library that makes firing the shutter of a Sony camera trivial. The additional hardware is just an IR LED and a resistor. I have done this myself and it works with a NEX-5. All you'd need to do is wrap it in some code to handle the interval timing.

-- hide signature --

"The only thing that gets in the way of a really good photograph, is the camera"
Norman Parkinson

seachicken2000's gear list:seachicken2000's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow