Apple's golden opportunity re Aperture: the possibility of Lightroom in the cloud

Started May 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
noirdesir
Forum ProPosts: 10,813
Like?
Re: Apple's golden opportunity re Aperture: the possibility of Lightroom in the cloud
In reply to Matt Shelton, May 9, 2013

Matt Shelton wrote:

I'm telling ya, although Adobe says that Lightroom isn't going subscription-based and into the cloud like the rest of Adobe's creative products, the possibility of that eventuality has got to have a lot of Lightroom folks scared.  As a single individual user of Aperture, I first would hate to have to pay for it month after month,

That is correct.

and second, I'd hate to have to rely on the reliability of cloud-based computing when importing, performing intensitve editing, etc.

And that is not correct. The only required 'cloud aspect' is that you need to be connected to the internet once a month (or every three months if you get a yearly plan) for the application to check whether you keep paying.

I don't know if it is a failing of Adobe that so many people stop reading after the word cloud or just a sign that emotions runs so high that people's ability to absorb the presented information goes out the window.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow