Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop Elements for MAC

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
sanmaj
Regular MemberPosts: 386
Like?
Re: Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop Elements for MAC
In reply to Steve Cohan, 11 months ago

I agree. Take a look at Aperture. Like a lot of people right now I am moving away from Adobe products because of their Cloud Computing strategy. Besides, I think Aperture is better than Lightroom. As mentioned, many major plug-in products can be used on Aperture e.g. NIK, Topaz, OnOne, Portraiture, Portrait Professional and PT Lens and others. Aperture does have a couple of drawbacks though 1) weak noise control 2) no resident lens correction and 3) need to be able to access more than 1 other standard application (as Lightroom can) in their "Edit In" menue. Assuming Apple is going to stay  in the photography editing business I have no doubt that future updates will address these shortcomings. I use Aperture in combination with Photo Ninja (RAW processing) and this makes for a really dynamite combination. I am able to do more than 97% of my editing work with this combination without using Photoshop or other Adobe products.

My only other cautionary note is that none of us really know what the future will be like given this push by some companies to move their products to cloud computing. What any of us feel comfortable with now may be thrown into a "cocked hat" if this move continues and grows. It's a very unsettling time for the amateur photographer. I say this not because the current products aren't good but because no one (software companies) will say where they stand or where they are going long-term.

Good luck to you in your decision making process

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow