Started May 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
jalywol
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,188Gear list
Like?
Re: Um, DM, your math is wrong....
In reply to Patco, May 9, 2013

Patco wrote:

You might want to check the EULA regarding the legality of that:

"5. Updates. If the Software is an upgrade or update to a previous version of Adobe software, you must possess a valid license to such previous version in order to use such upgrade or update. After you install such update or upgrade, you may continue to use any such previous version in accordance with its end-user license agreement only if (a) the upgrade or update and all previous versions are installed on the same device"

Interesting...although in practice, they let you install the update without having the previous versions installed on the same device, as long as you have the serial number.....And before CS5 they didn't have quite the same activation requirements, either, so I can use my old CS2 (and I think CS4) without getting shut down during the install.  I do have to be very careful to deactivate my CS5 every time I need to do a reformat, as otherwise I have to now call them for approval when I reinstall it....one install too many over the years on the same (but reformatted) computers did that for me...

-J

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow