Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop Elements for MAC

Started May 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
havoc315
Senior MemberPosts: 1,785Gear list
Like?
Re: Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop Elements for MAC
In reply to Steve Cohan, May 9, 2013

There is a lot of overlap in their abilities, but they are designed to handle different tasks.

If you want a program for great photo organization, for adjusting RAW files, and applying batch edits, Lightroom is great.

If you want to work with individual shots at the pixel level, adding "special effects" etc--- Photoshop Elements is the way to go.

Both programs *can* adjust exposure, edit RAW files, etc.  But those features are better laid out in Lightroom.

Both programs can do basic cropping, red-eye reduction, spot removals.

You can do some level of skin softening, etc, on Lightroom.  But those types of adjustments can get much more detailed in Photoshop Elements.

If you like to work with layers, graphics, etc.. then Elements.

Personally, for what I do, I prefer Lightroom.  It covers 98% of my editing needs, but I do have some other task-specific software as well.  I have a Portrait software plug-in, I have Photomatix for HDR.  But 98% of my post-processing is done in Lightroom.

havoc315's gear list:havoc315's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow