Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jbridges
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Epson 3880 Photo Black/ Matte Black nozzle not working
11 months ago

My Epson 3880 is not printing Photo Black or Matte Black even after just coming back from the Epson Authorized Service shop (1 1/2 hour drive each way) where they replaced the ink supply ___, saying that even though the Photo Black/ Matte Black showed as full, the printer was dumping the ink straight into the maintenance cartridge rather than sending it through the nozzle. Which is why I had no dark blacks printing in my photographs. And was missing the PhotoBlack/ Matte Black when I did a nozzle check. I asked them if they had run a check after the repair and they said they had. However, when I came home, after paying almost $400 for the repair, I had the same exact problem and the same missing color block in my nozzle check when I checked it. Grrr... I am trying to print photos for two shows, spent three days and lots of ink trying to fix the problem with Epson before going to the Epson Authorized Service Center ... so I'm extremely frustrated. BTW, until now I've used this printer a great deal and had No problems with it. And it is out of warranty. Any thoughts about what might be the real problem?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow