Which kit, if money is not a factor, is ideal for a newborn?

Started May 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
newdad13
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Which kit, if money is not a factor, is ideal for a newborn?
May 9, 2013

I am, very soon, going to be a proud father. I find myself in the fortunate position of being able to purchase the equipment necessary to make the most of my child's early years. While I certainly don't intend to waste money just to have the biggest and best, if it will not necessarily improve the shots of my child, I do not mind paying more for those improvements that will.

I am not a neophyte to photography -- I have shot film (and later digital) on both Canon and Nikon systems for decades. However, I have not been involved in following recent developments in the past 5 years or more in photography equipment. I am a big man and do not mind the weight and bulk of a DSLR and lenses of any size.

There are no doubt similar threads on DPReview, and I have tried to read many of them. I do currently own some older bodies and lenses, but I do not mind reinvesting and so am purposefully not listing my current equipment so I do not sway opinions.

But I suppose my ultimate question to you is this -- if money was not a limiting factor, what would be the kit (body, lenses and other accessories) you would choose? Whether it is a point & shoot or a $15,000 Nikon/Canon kit, I am anxious to hear your opinions

I would like it to be something currently available. I would like to work with the new body some before my child arrives -- I am very familiar with photography and its tenets, but every new body and system has its own quirks to become familiar with.

Thank you in advance for your consideration,

NewDad

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yup!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow