Started May 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,898Gear list
Like?
Re: AF contra MD Minolta mount
In reply to John Knuhtsen, May 9, 2013

John Knuhtsen wrote:

Hi

I own a manual zoom from Carl Zeiss Jena, 75-300.

I have tried to adapt on Nex6 with 2 different MC/MD adapters with no success.

I found a comment on the net about it:

The copy I own is a Carl Zeiss Jena 35 - 70mm 1:3.5 - 4.5 with Minolta AF mount.
It works perfectly on a new Sony Alpha. I found some evidence about at least tow other Carl Zeiss Jena Minolta AF- mount lenses with different zoom- range.
I heard, that these lenses were made in a join- venture- project between VEB Carl Zeiss Jena and Sigma in the period 1989-90. This project was probably ended when Carl Zeiss (West) was taking over Carl Zeiss Jena in 1990/91.
As far as I concern, a very few number of pre- production copies were made.
It seems as they where aimed as a premium line for Sigma.
On my personal tests IQ and build quality is on an equivalent level as the Minolta 35-70mm F4 (in other words very good) but with a minimum focus distance of 500mm (Minolta 1000mm in AF- mode)
I would not try to over- appreciate it’s IQ (on digital) but for a 20 year old lens that was designed for film it is very good.

(from: http://photo.net/canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00PHCD)

Is AF mount with a very different bajonet ?

I recall reading (a while ago) that there was an MD to MA adapter with AF. Not sure about it being true.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow