Started May 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peter Gabriel
Contributing MemberPosts: 571
Like?
Are we fooling ourselves?
May 9, 2013

I am really close to buying an x100s, however no matter how skilled a photographer behind the many samples from the camera on the web, none of the pictures I have seen so far comes even close to what my Yashica T5 (T4 in the US) 35mm f/3.5 Carl Zeiss T* or Nikon L35 AF2 could produce in pure IQ on old school film back in the days. And the T5 cost me less than 200$ back then - brand new.

So it seems to me, that no matter how much we pay for a digital camera, we still can't get close to what the 35mm film cameras produced back in the day. Digital just isn't there yet.

So who am I kidding. Should I be satisfied with what the x100s is able to produce, or should I simply give up and wait for digital cameras (at reasonable prices) to catch up with the old film cameras?

I have read in several reviews that Fuji cameras has that special film look to their images, so is the x100s the closest I can get to a really good and small camera I can bring anywhere and expect excellent image quality from?

I am not a pixel peeper, I like good contrast, great colors, sharpness and depth (not to be confused with DOF) to my images and preferably without adding it artificially with post processing or by boosting the in camera image settings. I hate digital images that look flat and well, digital.

-- hide signature --

My kit as of now: Nikon D90, SB-600, 20-35mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8, 35mm f/2.0,
85mm f/1.8, - all Nikkors. Aperture 3 from Apple.

Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow