Anyone else been burned by Adobe's poor service?

Started May 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JayFromSA
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Anyone else been burned by Adobe's poor service?
May 9, 2013

Here's Thom Hogan's take on the biggest problem we, as customers have with the Adobe Cloud:

"But here's the big thing I've decided is the real problem here: when you switch from selling something as a product (boxes) to selling it as a service (cloud), you're now in the service business, and you'd damned well be at the top of your game in terms of customer support. Those customers are paying you every month and expect good 24/7 support in return. Adobe needs to turn around their customer service attitude, and fast. If I'm paying money for something every month and get the kinds of answers I've gotten from their customer service that I've received in the past, I'm going to be a little more upset than I was. This big of a change really needs to not only be clearly expressed in the ways it benefits the customer, but it has to be backed by real customer support that goes above and beyond to keep them happy and paying their monthly tithe. This is especially true outside the US, where Adobe appears to be tacking on their usual "user not in US" tax to their pricing."

I committed the cardinal sin of buying CS3 in the USA while living in Europe. They took my money and refused to give me support when I needed it. Thank goodness for the Internet and the forums that exist, I solved my problem without their 'service'.

So Adobe, float up to your cloud at your own peril. Governments have been toppled by the internet, so I hope you have a plan B when you start on your long way down. To be honest, I really enjoy working with Photoshop, so I, for one, hope that you do. I am a subscriber and a hobbyist for one discouted year, but CS6 does not, up to now, have been so much better than CS5 for me to carry it through at a higher price. Additionally, I'm quite excited to see what alternatives there will be in the near future when Adobe starts to bleed cash and others get their hands on more bucks for R&D...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow