Adobe subscription/upgrade question?

Started May 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
bflood
Contributing MemberPosts: 565
Like?
Re: Adobe subscription/upgrade question?
In reply to Mikhail Bogdanov, May 9, 2013

Adobe already cuts off users from camera upgrade support.  Until now, they will support the current version and the previous one, which means if you get a new camera and it has a newer NEF file, you could get a patch from Adobe to be able to read the newer files.  If they deem your version to be out of date, they will not offer a patch to allow reading files from newer generation cameras. That forces you into finding another way to read the files if you still want to use CS6.  Nikon cameras come with a disk with ViewNX2 on it, and it will be able to read the camera's NEF files and write them as TIF and other format files.  It's a bit of a nuisance to have to do this, but it will work.

I have CS4, and when I got my D7000 a year ago, Adobe would not provide a patch to allow me to open its NEF files - they told me to buy an upgraded version of CS.  So I use ViewNX2.  Bummer that Bridge isn't useful to me any more, but that's the way Adobe wants it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow