ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrScorpio
Senior MemberPosts: 1,351Gear list
Like?
A question for Great Bustard...
11 months ago

...or anyone else who might know...

I remember my fantastic 35-100/f2 lens for the 4/3 system.

How complicated would it be to build a fairly similar high quality lens with f2 or maybe even f1.4 for the m43 system?

And another question to everyone is if it is only me craving for longer primes with low f-values for m43, like a 300 mm with f/2 or even lower f-value. Probably there is a technical vs Price reason behind that. But as long as there are no top-of-the-line primes more than the 35, 45 and 75 there will  be a gap in the lens line up.

Oly should really put their act together with a high quality zoom range like 12-35 and 35-100. Since we have IBIS in the Oly bodies, there must be a very competitive advantage to create this excellent quality glass at good prices not needing the IS in the lens. Maybe they would even include lens hoods in the price then :-x. Luckily here in China, the land of fakes, I can by good hoods with exactly the same look, logo and function for 5-15 usd...

I look at the Canon line up with the very good 70-2007f4 (non IS) at a very good price point...

I am not criticising, just curious...

-- hide signature --
 MrScorpio's gear list:MrScorpio's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 +20 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow