Curious, who is staying put with their X10?

Started May 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kwa_photo
kwa_photo MOD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,390Gear list
Like?
Curious, who is staying put with their X10?
May 8, 2013

I am curious, how many of you have not upgraded to the X20 from the X10 yet?  Are you planning on doing so? If not, what is holding you back?

What have I done?  I'm trying to kick the habit of G.A.S. and sticking with any camera (unless majorly flawed) for at least two generations.  That means I'll likely skip the X20 and the X100s. I do the same with my iPhones.  I skip every other one.

While I could really used the new OVF of the X20 and the speed of the new X100s, if I don't have those to compare my X10 and X100 against, I am very pleased with what I have.  I had to ask myself, "have I missed too many images because of the limitations of the cameras?  Or was it really more a limitation of myself - not the gear?"  My conclusion was that I really didn't miss many at all.  Even when chasing a toddler and a 5 year old around. Heck, I used to shoot college football from the sidelines using a manual focus lens and then shortly after with the early slow AF DSLR's.  These 1st gen Fuji's are blazing compared to that - it's all perspective.

So, for now, I'm sticking with the X10 and X100. IF something were to happen and one of them "needed" to be replaced,  yes - I would replace them with the most current generation.

What are you doing with your X10?

-- hide signature --

Ken
FujiFilm FinePix Moderator (PM with Q's vs. a public post please)
http://www.kwaphoto.com
http://500px.com/kwaphoto/sets

kwa_photo's gear list:kwa_photo's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100S Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 +1 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow