Started May 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Radu Tenenbaum
Senior MemberPosts: 2,850Gear list
Like?
Need help with used Rotatrim
May 8, 2013

I just purchased a used Rotatrim M30 at a very good price.  It had been used professionally by a grip to cut lighting gels.  It works fine, but it seems as if there's not a lot friction between the blade and the metal edge of base compared to my old M24.  Also, when I grab the head firmly and twist, I'm able to wiggle it a bit, both left and right and up and down.  My old M24, which I'm using as a reference, does not wiggle and it maintains better contact with the metal edge.

Is there an adjustment I can make to the blade?  I tried turning the nut on the head, but the whole shaft moved - is there a way to hold the shaft to adjust the head (or change the blade for that matter).

Another thing to consider is replacing the 4 plastic bushings on the head - the ones that ride the rails. Is that something that I can try and how do I do that?

Any other suggestions?

-- hide signature --

Radu
www.raduray.com

Radu Tenenbaum's gear list:Radu Tenenbaum's gear list
Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +17 more
Pentax Optio M30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow