Best Lens for Wedding Photography with both DX and FX Nikon Cameras?

Started May 8, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SPhoto
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Best Lens for Wedding Photography with both DX and FX Nikon Cameras?
May 8, 2013

I mainly do family photography (and am starting to get into wedding) and have used a Nikon d40x with a 35mm dx 1.8 lens mainly (I have a zoom lens but don't use it because the glass isn't fast enough for my liking).  I realize this isn't the best equipment (especially for weddings) and am looking forward to an upgrade.

I would ideally like to go full frame (to a d600) but it may take me a while to save up the money for it. I am thinking about getting a very nice expensive lens that works good on a full frame camera and using it on my d40x until I have the money to get the d600.  The problem I am having is that the lens I am thinking of (24-70mm 2.8) is not a wide angle on my dx camera.

I am wanting a wide angle lens so I can do group shots etc... and the problem I am finding is, with the crop factor of my d40x, most of the lenses I'm looking at for my (eventual) full frame body won't be wide angle with my dx body.  My question is: what is a good (and fast ~2.8) wide angle lens that will work great on my eventual full frame body but will still be semi-wide angle with my d40x?  Any other suggestions on what lenses I should get that will go well with the d40x and 35mm dx lens for weddings but that will work well with my eventual full frame upgrade are welcome.  Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D40X Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow