self-interest amid global Adobe catastrophe?

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lovingtheview
Contributing MemberPosts: 720
Like?
self-interest amid global Adobe catastrophe?
11 months ago

Forgive my small personal concern amid the universal worries about where Adobe is going.  I have CS5 with its disc, as purchased, and am using it on two different computers, as authorized by Adobe. Actually, I need to load it to another computer in the next few days because of a hard drive failure.  When I purchased it, I was not told that my usage rights would/could/might ever be altered or suspended.

Question is:  If I am willing to use it as is, with no upgrades, no improvements, [with no tech support other than keeping the program going as I change computers, or if PS stops working] will I be able to use it indefinitely, both when connected or unconnected to the web?  I am fine with permanently ending my active relationship with Adobe and all of its future products, but I do not want to be denied [ever] of continuing to use what I already have purchased and given rights to use under the terms at purchase date.

I have zero interest in Lightroom, and zero interest in anything to do with the cloud, even if the cloud offers infinite other benefits.

Also got a copy of Elements 9 on my new laptop.  I presume that is mine to use forever without limitation, plus some very old [1, 2, 4 versions of Elements] which I do occasionally use.

Thanks for your insights,

Lovingtheview

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow