External Battery Packs

Started May 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
John Deerfield
Senior MemberPosts: 2,082
Like?
Re: External Battery Packs
In reply to Marek07, May 8, 2013

The original Quantum Battery is OK because it does allow you to replace the battery. Every other Quantum battery is waaaay overpriced. I wasn't going to send my SC back to be repacked so I took it apart myself to discover 8 AA batteries in a $450 battery pack. In any event, for another battery choice, I would suggest looking at the Godox. You can find them on eBay, but you want the more expensive 4500mAh version:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PB960-GODOX-External-Flash-Power-Battery-Pack-4500mAh-for-Canon-Camera-Cable-/321076513381?pt=Camera_Flash_Accessories&hash=item4ac1a6ca65

I have been using one for about 6-weeks now and it's been great. It is a tad smaller than the original Turbo and a tad larger than the SC. As far as it being a lithium battery, I will take my chances. For starters: my laptop, iPhone and iPad all use lithium batteries. Knock on wood, I haven't had any issues, nor do I see news reports on CNN about how unreliable lithium is. Next, most of the battery packs I have ever used don't seem to last more than a couple of years anyway. The AA battery packs seem to quit working (loose connection I imagine); my SC lasted 3-years (and the $450 pack is now a paperweight); etc. May as well enjoy the power of lithium with a user replaceable battery with more power than a Turbo and new!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow