Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cityathrt
Regular MemberPosts: 126
Like?
Talk me down from the ledge of losing my head re. RX1
11 months ago

Some of you in the forum know me and thus know I'm no troll -- I've posted a small smattering of images from my RX1 before so I really do own one. Perhaps it's a function of the stress I'm under recently.. (most women go for apparel retail therapy, I apparently, go for camera retail therapy. ) but I've had a crazy thought enter my head this week that I need help in shaking..

I'm thinking of swapping out my RX1 for a 6D, my pockets unfortunately are not deep enough to have both. Over the course of the six months I've had my RX1, I absolutely love the form factor (not the fact that the paint over metal chips easily..) and the image quality from this little beauty.

However, I've also had a continuous itch grow for zoom capability (use the teleconverter option quite often) and fast autofocus. I've realized that I take pictures of people quite a bit (not children, just general out and about with friends and family), and always struggle with the RX1 AF capability in that regard.

I've even already picked out which lenses I'd get -- the 24-105 L kit and the 35 f/1.4. I usually successfully push this urge down but have progressed to even picking out my lens line up this time.. Can someone please commit me to the asylum before I do something drastic here?

Canon EOS 6D Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow