6D vs 7D --- Image Quality (there's no comparison)

Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Forum ProPosts: 10,350Gear list
Like?
Re: 6D vs 7D --- Image Quality (there's no comparison)
In reply to mariadc, May 8, 2013

mariadc wrote:

I tried some comparison shots but due to the different ISO, I don't think it's fair to post them (it wasn't very controlled - I haven't been able to go back out today because of a sick child here at home).

But here are some real-life BIF shots with both.  I'm wondering if I have to eat my words - haha.  I like the color of the detail on the 7D better - it doesn't seem as 'high contrast' (correct term?) as the 6D, which almost looks unnatural.  Hmmm....  Thoughts?  (Again, these aren't controlled shots and there are different factors that could also be affecting the pictures such as ISO, etc, but these are real life examples).

I still think the 6D wins hands down with low light, such as sunset and sunrise, when bird are active and hunting/fishing/gathering.

Lens:  100-400 @ 400mm

Shot in JPG, no post-processing (30D was converted from RAW to JPG)

30D:

30D

7D:

7D

7D

6D:

6D

6D

Just comparing you two hawk-in-flight photos, 6D one is noticeably cleaner that show more details under wings and head while already can see noticeable grains on 7D one that got help by partial sunlight lit but cannot see much details in dark shadows of the wings that I know it will fall apart if you try to lift

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow