Anybody out there who does not use Photoshop CS? ...

Started May 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andreas Stuebs
Contributing MemberPosts: 673Gear list
Like?
Anybody out there who does not use Photoshop CS? ...
May 8, 2013

... and coul care less about the present outrage? Well, I do not use Photoshop CS - mainly because I only have licenced software on my computers and the €900 Adobe asks for Photoshop CS I cannot justify.

I use Photoshop Elements - mainly because PSE was included with the scanner I bought a couple of years back  and I have upgraded every other release -  and I find the organising feature of PSE very helpful  - and Gimp. I also use Corel PaintShopPro - mainly for 16bit work and I have recently installed RawTherapee after testing AftershotPro, ACDsee, and Lightroom4 extensivly.

But: I do not really do much photo editing - Aligning, adjusting the curves, getting the colour balance to my liking. "Dodging and Burning" as it once was called.   PS-CS is overkill for me. The only problem is that you have to teach yourself most of the skills, as most literature and tutorials are based on PS-CS.

So I wonder - how many others out there have lived without PS-CS and can continue to do so?

Andreas Stuebs's gear list:Andreas Stuebs's gear list
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +11 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow