When someone else takes the picture for you...

Started May 8, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Christina84
Forum MemberPosts: 56
Like?
When someone else takes the picture for you...
May 8, 2013

First, I am so happy I have found this forum. It has helped me better understand my camera and my pictures have improved tremendously. Thank you in advance for any advice you could provide on a few more questions I have.

What settings would you recommend when giving someone else your camera to take a picture for you? Should you keep it on A and adjust the setting before handing it over or are you better off with keeping the setting on I Auto or P? I was told that when taking a portrait or group picture, you should have A set to 3.5 (with an 18-55 lens). However, doesn't the picture lose focus farther away you are from your subject? So how can you determine how far away the person will stand to take your picture at that setting? I know you could ask them to move forward, but sometimes it's hard getting your friends/family to stay still for a picture in general.

Also, my Mom never holds down the shutter button halfway. What setting would you recommend for people who may not remember to press the shutter button halfway.

What are your thoughts on the Eye Starter AF? Will that help increase your chances of having your picture in focus?

Last question is the AF Illuminatior the same as the AF Assistant light? I was told turning off the AF Assistant light would help with your picture being more in focus but I only see MF Assistant light on my camera.

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow