Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
plantdoc
Senior MemberPosts: 1,844
Like?
Lightroom/Elements- 64bit/32bit
11 months ago

I am not sure if this post belongs here or in the computer section. Currently, I use Lightroom 4 and Elements 10 and Topaz plugins. All running on a older 32 bit PC with Vista (just fine for me). I am moving towards a new PC and wonder about the mesh between Lightroom and Elements. I would like Lightroom to run in the 64 bit mode for memory utilization and max speed, but what happens with Elements in the 32 bit mode. Would plugins have to stay in the 32 bit choice? Would everything need to stay in 32 bit install? If so, I could move towards the new "cloud" version of Photoshop since I have CS4. The $10 a month is OK, but I believe it jumps to $20 after one year, which is not acceptable for me. Also, who knows what Adobe will do once you are on the subscription plan. The Lightroom/Elements combo works fine for me. I wish Adobe would develop a modified version of Elements minus the cataloging and add 64 bit support and 16 bit editing. Thanks.

Greg

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow